Borrowed from amyfortuna
At least the first 5 people to comment (and more if I have the funds) will receive a surprise from me at some point in 2017. Anything from a card, postcard, a podfic, something hand-made - absolutely any surprise! It will happen when the mood comes over me and I find something that I believe would suit you and make you happy.
If you can, post this in your own journal and pay it forward. Let's do more kind and loving things for each other in 2017, without any reason other than to make each other smile and show that we think of each other.
Comments are screened so you can leave your address. Feel free to include an idea, theme, a link to a wish list, or tell me what you collect (dinosaurs, rocks, ticket stubs, etc etc etc). Also, please note you can sign up for a surprise even if you choose not to put this in your own journal. I know not everyone can.
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Sandy Honda
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Chocoalate Clog
3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Black Cat
4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Ann Mount Airy
5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 of your first name): Wil'Sa
6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Black Mountain Dew
7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): Jesse George
8. STRIPPER NAME (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Allure Almond Joy
10. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Burrus Boston
11. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Winter Halloween
12. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now): Apple Pajamas
13. HIPPIE NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree): Cracker Oak
The year was: 1978
School.... Surry Central High School
1. Did you know your spouse then? No
2. Did you carpool then? No, I rode the bus
3. What kind of car did you have? A 72 red Impala
4. It's FRIDAY night football, were you there? Usually.
5. What kind of job did you have? I did not have a job. I had a heavy class load.
6. Were you a party animal? Nope. See above.
7. Were you considered a jock? Ye Gods! NO!
8 .Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No
9. Were you a nerd? Yes I was
10. Did you get suspended or expelled? No
11. Can you sing the fight/school song? Not sure we had one
12. Where did you eat lunch at? Cafeteria or on the front steps if it was sunny
14. What was your school mascot? Eagle
15. If you could go back and do it again would you? Hell, no. I HATED high school
16. Are you planning on going to your next high school reunion? Went to one after 5 years. No real interest.
17. Are you still in contact with people from high school? A few on FB and a few in real life.
18. Do you know where your high school sweetheart is today? I didn’t have a sweetheart
19. What was your favorite subject? English
20. Do you still have your High School class ring? Yes, I found it in a jewelry box the other day, laong with my mom’s and Sara’s.
Got this one from Jaiden.
1. Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
I like to write humor. And awful sadness… so you get one or the other and sometimes both.
2. Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
3. Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
I have written almost everything but I don’t write much of anything explicit anymore.
4. How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
Hmm, maybe two. One is a continuation of Steve/Tony after Civil War.
5. Share one of your strengths.
I can jerk on heartstrings. Is that a strength?
6. Share one of your weaknesses.
I get impatient and rush endings.
7. Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
From Rumors of War:
Little Big Horn River
The buzzards flew over ahead of General Terry and his troops. He expected to see dead Indians, many dead Indians, even after meeting up with several groups of Cheyenne and Sioux in Army Blue. No one could kill that little yellow haired bastard Custer, no matter what he’d been told. He had come to believe this almost as much as Custer himself believed it. Everyone else had believed it too.
This time they were wrong. All of them.
Terry and his men had warning, but it did not prepare them for the scene. Scattered all the way down the hill toward the Little Big Horn River were the already rotting corpses of horses and the pale bodies of dead soldiers. Lots of bodies.
8. Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
This is from “Love is a War of Lightning” (She is Natasha Romanov)
The pizza was good with thin crust and lots of fresh toppings. And cheese. It was smothered in cheese. He ate the first piece in record speed and dug into a second one.
“God, have you never had food before?”
“I’m hungry!” He opened a beer and took a long drink.
“Do you do everything like that?” She asked and her meaning was clear.
He blushed and didn’t answer.
“So are you going to ask Sharon out?”
“Really? The whole word is falling apart and you ask me that?”
“Steve Rogers, you need fucking worse than anyone I know. You are uptight and cranky and a pain in the ass.”
He opened his mouth and closed it. What could he say?
9. Which fic has been the hardest to write?
“No Safe Place” because the subject matter was abuse and torture.
10. Which fic has been the easiest to write?
“’Til the End of the Line” because it was just so fun to write Cap and Tony.
11. Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
Depends on the day.
12. Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
Hmmm. Not even sure what that means.
13. What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
Write every day.
14. What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
Never use first person.
15. If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
Rumors of War
16. If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
Not big on pairings anymore. But I like Steve and Tony right now.
17. Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
Start to finish.
18. Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
No, but I do research, lots and lots of research.
19. Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
20. Describe your perfect writing conditions.
Here at my desk.
21. How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
Not a lot. I write it and read over it and fix things that don’t work.
22. Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
I don’t think so.
23. What do you look for in a beta?
someone to fix my typos and reversed words.
24. Do you beta yourself?
Yeah for several people.
25. How do you feel about collaborations?
I did one with a lunatic – it was awful but the others I’ve done were nice.
26. Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
Truthfully, I seldom read any fiction so these are old ones. I liked Runedancer’s zany story, but she ran into some awful fan and left the fandom for good. That’s all I got right now…
27. If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
Um, no idea.
28. Do you accept prompts? Sure.
29. Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
I like canon.
30. How do you feel about smut?
I don’t read a lot of it. Those days passed.
31. How do you feel about crack?
32. What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
Not a lot of interesting in reading it but I have written such things.
33. Would you ever kill off a canon character?
Not if they don’t die in canon.
34. Which is your favorite site to post fic?
35. Current WIPs – Um, if I’ve abandoned them, they’re not WIPs.
36. Talk about a review that made your day.
Once a person wrote me about the one Brokeback Mountain fic I wrote and said my story was the perfect ending to Janck and Ennis’ story and my voice was just like Annie Proulx’s.
37. Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
No, not really. The oddest one was when someone sent me a review for my Sherlock Holmes investigates Lizzie Borden and said that I got the murderer all wrong.
38. Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
For No Safe Place, I almost had Orando Kill Viggo.
Rules of the Game: Copy this and post. List 12 albums that made a lasting impression on you, but only 1 per band/artist. Don't take too long and don't think too hard.
The Beatles – Yesterday and Today
Dire Straits – Brothers in Arms
Elton John – Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
James Taylor – James Taylor (1968)
Bruce Springsteen – Born in the USA
Tim O’Brien – Red on Blonde
Soundtrack for the movie: Practical Magic
Soundtrack for the movie: Queen of the Damned
Jackson Browne – Late for the Sky
The Eagles – Hotel California
Fleetwood Mac – Rumors
Janis Joplin - Pearl
15 books in 15 minutes. You can tag 15 people if you want.
1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy – J.R.R. Tolkien
2. The Persian Boy – Mary Renault
3. Katherine – Anya Seton
4. It – Stephen King
5. Carrie – Stephen King
6. Green Darkness – Anya Seton
7. Siddhartha – Hermann Hesse
8. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court – Mark Twain
9. A Wild Thing – Jean Renvoize
10. Nicholas and Alexandra – Robert K. Massie
11. Gone with the Wind – Margaret Mitchell
12. Man o’ War – Walter Farley
13. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen Covey
14. Slaughterhouse Five – Kurt Vonnegut
15. Portnoy’s Complaint – Philip Roth